Your wedding day is all about you and your partner, but that doesn’t mean that your guests shouldn’t feel like they’re in for a treat, too! First impressions are everything, so make sure your wedding aesthetic is on point from the very beginning. Here are 10 small details that will take your wedding décor to the next level.
- Make a statement with your invitations. Your invitations are the first glimpse your guests will have of your wedding aesthetic, so make them count! Opt for a bold design or unique shaping to really catch their eye.
- Create a focal point. Whether it’s a dramatic floral arrangement, a towering cake, or a beautiful piece of art, having a focal point will help to pull your whole aesthetic together.
- Think about lighting. Strategically placed lighting can transform any space, so don’t be afraid to experiment! Uplighting, fairy lights, and candles are all great options.
- Incorporate personal touches. From photos and heirlooms to favorite quotes and inside jokes, incorporating personal touches into your décor is a great way to make your wedding day truly unique.
- Play with texture. Adding texture to your décor is an easy way to add interest and depth. Try using different fabrics, metals, woods, and even food items!
- Use color wisely. Color can be used to create a mood and set the tone for your event, so choose wisely! If you’re not sure where to start, consider using a color wheel for inspiration.
- Pay attention to scale. When deciding which décor items to use, be sure to take scale into account! Using too many large items can make a space feel cluttered, while too many small items can get lost in the shuffle.
- Don’t forget about the smell! Scent is one of the most powerful senses, so why not incorporate it into your décor? Candles, diffusers, and potpourri are all great options.
- Add some greenery. Fresh flowers and plants are always a welcome addition to any event, but they can also help purify the air and boost your mood! Win-win!
- Get creative with seating arrangements. If you really want to wow your guests, get creative with your seating arrangements! Think outside the traditional table setup and get creative with lounge areas, floor pillows, and more.
With these 10 tips in mind, you’re well on your way to creating a show-stopping wedding aesthetic that will impress both you and your guests! Have fun experimenting with different looks until you find something that feels perfect for you and your partner’s big day.
Fall in love with our wedding films, visit our website.
Photography/Videography: Dalton Young Weddings