One of the most unforgettable days of your life is your wedding day. Why not make it even more special by including your furry best friend? Here are seven tips for ensuring your dog is a part of your big day.
- Choose a relaxed setting. If your dog isn’t used to being around large groups of people, a more intimate setting will be less overwhelming.
- Have a designated handler. Choose someone your dog is comfortable with and who can keep your pet calm during the ceremony and reception.
- Keep them fed and hydrated. Ensure their handler has plenty of food and water to keep your dog fed and hydrated throughout the day.
- Take breaks. If things get too overwhelming for your dog, have their handler take them outside for a break. Taking a break will help them stay calm and avoid stress.
- Have a backup plan. If your dog gets too stressed out or doesn’t do well with all the commotion, it’s essential to have a backup plan. This plan could mean having someone watch your pet at home or having another family member or friend take over as their handler for the day.
- Make sure they’re well-groomed. Nothing ruins a wedding photo quite like a dirty dog! Please ensure they’re clean and well-groomed before the big day so they look their best in all the pictures.
- Have fun! The wedding day is fun for you and your dog, so make sure you take time to enjoy each other’s company. Go for a walk together or enjoy a game of fetch between all the wedding festivities.
Your wedding day is one of the most memorable days of your life. By following these tips, you can ensure your dog is happy and stress-free on your big day!
Fall in love with our wedding films, visit our website.
Photography/Videography: Dalton Young Weddings